Locked content Polish MFA condemns St Petersburg metro blast

The Polish Foreign Ministry condemned the Monday terrorist attack in St Petersburg. “We strongly condemn all forms of terrorism and violence. We share the pain of the victims’ families and extend our most heartfelt condolences to Russian society,” the ministry said. The ministry informed that ...

Locked content AmRest to acquire popular food delivery service

WSE-listed restaurant chain operator AmRest signed an investment agreement with Germany-based Delivery Hero and Restaurant Partner Polska to acquire 51 percent stake in Restaurant Polska which operates online food delivery service PizzaPortal.pl. Delivery Hero will keep the remaining 49 percent of t...

Locked content Four Polish regions among the poorest in EU

According to data released by Eurostat, four Polish regions were listed among the regions with GDP per capita below 50 percent of the EU average. These include Podlaskie, Warmińsko-Mazurskie (both at 49 percent), Podkarpackie (48 percent), and Lubelskie (47 percent). The poorest EU region is Bulgari...

Locked content PGG to be listed on the WSE soon

Wojciech Dąbrowski, CEO of PGNiG Termika, said that works on PGG IPO will start “in the coming months.” He also added that he hopes PGNiG investment in the company will be a profitable one. “We hope to get our investment back after few years,” Dąbrowski explained. PGNiG capitalized the enlarged Pols...

Locked content GetBack net profit up by 66.5% y/y

WSE-bound debt collector GetBack had a PLN 200.3 million net profit last year, up by 66.5 percent y/y. Its revenues grew by 104.5 percent to PLN 422.7 million, company said in a market filing. The value of GetBack’s receivables portfolio stood at PLN 19.4 billion at the end-2016, up 39 percent...

Locked content PKO BP opens second foreign corporate branch

WSE-listed lender PKO BP opened a corporate banking branch Prague, making it its second such branch after Frankfurt. The Czech division will service both Polish and Czech clients. “We want to be their first choice partner on the foreign markets, as we are in Poland. The most important keys of succes...

Locked content Three banks under scrutiny over FX rate setting rules

Poland’s antitrust watchdog UOKiK has launched inquiry, regarding banks BZ WBK, Millennium and BGZ BNP Paribas FX rates setting rules, which UOKiK called “unclear.” “The provisions in question are both imprecise and discretionary in nature; for example, the currency exchange rate would be dete...