Locked content PGNiG buys stake in Norwegian deposit

WSE-listed gas producer PGNiG purchased a 35 percent stake in the Storklakken deposit on the Norwegian continental shelf from Aker BP, PGNiG said in a market filing, without specifying the price. Aker will retain the remaining 65 percent shares. PGNiG share in the PL460 concession on the North Sea i...

GUS: unemployment falls in February

Poland’s unemployment rate stood at 8.5 percent at the end of February, the Central Statistical Office (GUS) informed, representing a 0.1 percent m/m and 1.7 y/y drop.

Locked content PwC: 96% of Polish companies affected by cyber attacks

According to a report compiled by PwC consultancy, 96 percent of medium and big Polish companies had recorded over 50 incidents concerning cyber security. In 64 percent of them the number of such incidents exceeded 500. Despite such stats, only 41 percent of industrial companies are afraid that pote...

Locked content PZU appoints Marcin Chludzinski as acting CEO

Poland’s biggest insurer PZU appointed supervisory board member Marcin Chludziński as the company’s acting CEO for the period of three months, the company announced. “Taking into account in particular good practices of corporate governance of public companies, the aim of the supervisory board is to ...

Locked content EBRD mulls acquiring stake in the Griffin Premium IPO

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development may buy 5-10 percent stake in the upcoming Griffin Premium Real Estate IPO, the bank said in a press statement. “According to the framework agreement, EBRD may acquire shares in the Offering representing no less than 5 percent and no more than 10 ...

Locked content Superior Industries to bid on 100% Uniwheels shares

German Superior Industries International issued an offer to buy all shares in the WSE-listed alloy wheels producer Uniwheels, the company said in a market filing. “The Company has been notified today by its major shareholder that it has entered into an irrevocable undertaking with Superior Industrie...

Locked content Ursus pens a $100 mln deal in Zambia

WSE-listed tractor producer Ursus, signed a $100 million contract with Zambian Industrial Development Corporation. The deal is for delivery of 2,694 tractors and 2,509 farming machines, the company announced in a market filing. In addition, Ursus will build a factory in Zambia and 10 local service c...

Locked content Asseco Poland sells shares in Asseco CE subsidiary

WSE-listed IT giant Asseco Poland sold 6.51 percent of its shares in Asseco Central Europe subsidiary to a group of Asseco CE managers for PLN 32.7 million in eight installments payable by May 31, 2023, the company said in a market filing. Price per share was set at PLN 23.50 apiece. Both sides of t...