On January 19, 2016, the 6th edition of KPMG Tax and Accountancy Congress assembled several hundred people who took part in the event either in person or by following the online stream. Among the participators there were Chief Financial Directors, Chief Accountants, Heads of Financial Reporting and Controlling of enterprises from all sectors of the economy.
KPMG Tax and Accounting Congress, of which the 6th edition was held this year, is the biggest event of its type in Poland. Lectures were delivered by KPMG partners and directors with perennial professional practice, all of whom are licensed tax advisers, legal advisers and certified auditors. The agenda included the following presentations:
· Changes in the 2016 tax procedure
· A Financial Director – a leader of the change, a value creator or a strategist?
· Attestation services aiming at minimizing the risk and enhancing integrated reports’ credibility in the company
· Will VAT remain neutral for the business?
· The effect of “the global tightening” on a position of a tax director and Polish CIT in the nearest future
· A new tax documentation for transfer-pricing
· A loan-to-capital conversion in LLC, with reference to the conversion made in case of an insolvency of the company – chosen legal-tax and accounting aspects
· Subsidies and tax allowances supporting companies’ activities financially
· Closing the year 2015 – value assets’ drops in the current economic situation. Results of newest analyses by and practical advices from KPMG in Poland.
KPMG Congress is the biggest event of this type in Poland and it had its 1st edition in 2011. More information about the Congress can be found on the website kpmg.com/pl/kongresKPMG.