Image : Image : Kulczyk Investments
Five Polish businessmen made it into the yearly Forbes ‘World’s Billionaires List’. The list found a record of “1,826 billionaires with an aggregate net worth of $7.05 trillion,” it’s also worth noticing that 71 out of the 290 new billionaires that have made it into the list are Chinese
by Santiago de la Presilla
While Bill Gates is the richest man on the planet for “16 of the 21 past year,” Warren Buffet is by far this year’s biggest earner, up with a whopping $14.5 billion to a net worth that now stands at $72.2 billion, according to Forbes.
The wealthiest in Poland:
1) When it comes to #1 in Poland, the energy magnate Jan Kulczyk jumps from #430 and now stands at #418 with a $4.2 billion net worth.
2) Poland’s second richest investor Zygmunt Solorz-Zak comes at #557, with a $3.2 billion net worth. Unfortunately it’s not all good news for the majority shareholder of football team Śląsk Wrocław, since he was #446 on the list last year.
3) Michal Solowow’s drops from #764 in 2014 to #949. According to his Forbes profile “Solowow continues to reshuffle his investment portfolio, delisting ceramics maker Rovese, whose Russian operations are faltering” due to the current Russian economic crisis.
4) When it comes to Poland’s biggest drop on the ranking, Leszek Czarnecki’s has suffered a lot due to “Switzerland’s decision to allow its currency to appreciate. Loans denominated in Swiss francs constitute 20 percent of his Getin group’s loan portfolio,” consequently dropping from #731 to #1500 this year. His net worth as of today is of $1.3 billion, a hard hit since it was $2.4 billion last year.
5) And last but not least, chairman of CCC Dariusz Milek who’s at #1712, sold a record of ” 30 million pairs of shoes last year,” therefore increasing his net worth from $1 billion to $1.05 billion today, but still dropped from #1565 in 2014.