On 23-24 November 2017, the III edition of the FinTech Digital Congress and the II edition of the InsurTech Digital Congress took place in The Westin Warsaw. These meetings are key for the participants of the fintech and insurtech branches, including representatives of the financial sector, start-ups as well as investors and representatives of investment funds. This edition was attended by 750 participants, who took part in 15 discussion panels, 2 firechats and 37 individual presentations, actively made possible by 100 speakers.
The grand opening of the Congresses, during the joint part of the FinTech and InsurTech Digital Congresses was hosted by: Marcin Petrykowski, Vice-Chairman of the FinTech Digital Congress Advisory Board; Managing Director of S&P Global and Witold Jaworski, Chairman of the InsurTech Digital Congress and President of the Management Board of NIO. Next, the participants had the pleasure to listen to three presentations from Tomasz Czechowicz, Bundeep Singh Rangar and Hesus Inoma. The joint part of the Congress ended with a discussion panel regarding the future of the financial brand in the era of digitization and the changes in the HR structures that come with it.
The next step was the simultaneously occurring discussion panels of both congresses. Participants of the FinTech Digital Congress took on topics including: the chances and threats connected with the digital world, new ways of identification in the era of digitization, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, AI & Machine Learning as well as the complicated service of legal transactions. Also debated were subjects connected to the flow of large amounts of money in fintech transactions, the possibility of “breeding a unicorn” in Poland and cloud-based solutions available for financial and fintech branches.
On the other hand, participants of the InsurTech Digital Congress ran a discussion on the Polish insurtech market compared to the Western markets, new marketing, eco-driving, connected home and carsharing. Then discussed were the most important trends in the digitization of internal processes, customer centricity and changes in policy sales. Discussed later on were the issues connected with cooperation models with high-tech companies and start-ups, transactions on the insurance market, investments in insurtech on the pre-seed and seed level, as well as fusion and take-overs.
Among the speakers of the III edition of the FinTech Digital Congress and the II edition of the InsurTech Digital Congress were:
- Imran Khan, Head of Communications, Wirex
- Charles Delingpole, CEO, ComplyAdvantage
- Michał Panowicz, Chief Product and Information Officer, Kreditech
- Grzegorz Pawlicki, Director of Innovation & Customer Experience, PKO Bank Polski
- Paweł Kuskowski, President of the Management Board, Coinfirm
- Bartosz Skwarczek, CEO & Co-Founder, G2A.COM
- Maria Campos, Member of the Management Board, Bank Millennium SA
- Michał Panowicz, Chief Product and Information Officer, Kreditech, Germany
- Izabela Murawska-Deneau, Director of Development, Billon
- Krystian Zajac, CTO & Co-Funder, Neos
- Tobias Sonndorfer, CFA, Client Executive at Munich Re (Group)
- Rafał Mosionek, Vice President, Compensa TU S.A. Vienna Insurance Group; Member of the Management Board, Compensa TU na Życie S.A. Vienna Insurance Group
- Adam Rozwadowski, President of the Management Board, EnelMed
- Agnieszka Wrońska, President of the Management Board, Link4
- Dorota Zimnoch, Fintech and Insurtech market expert
- Michał Pawlik, Co-Founder and CEO, SMEO SA
- Maciej Kawecki, Deputy Director of the Data Management Department, Ministry of Digital Affairs, Honourary Representative of the Ministry of Digital Affairs
- Radzym Wójcik, Editor, Korporacyjnie.pl
We encourage you to take a look at the photo gallery of the event.
Organizer of the event was MMC Poland.