Locked content The number of Poles living abroad inches up in 2017 – GUS

At the end of 2017, there were 2.5 million Poles living abroad, which is 1 percent y/y growth, according to data from Central Statistics Office GUS. The majority of Poles in immigration live in Europe, 2.2 million, out of which 2.1 million lives in another EU member state. Among them, the largest nu...

Apartment prices up 6.4% y/y in Q3 – GUS

Apartment prices increased 6.4 percent y/y and 3 percent q/q in Q3 according to data released by Central Statistics Office GUS. The average transactional price was PLN 7,324 per square meter. The data covers 6 biggest markets: Warsaw, Kraków, Poznań, Łódź, Wrocław, and Tri-City.

Residential sector on the rise – GUS

At end-October, the number of dwellings on which construction has started increased by 9.5 percent y/y to 194k, according to data released by the Central Statistics Office (GUS). Out of that number, 112.6k houses are being built by developers and 77k by individual investors.

Locked content About 880,000 workers in „gray zone” in 2017 – GUS

In 2017, undeclared work was carried out by 880,000 people, ie 5.4 percent of employees – the Central Statistical Office (GUS) announced on Wednesday. For 47.7 percent people from 880,000 this work was the main work, and for the rest (460,000, ie 52.3 percent) undeclared work was additional. W...

Locked content Retail sales in September up 5.6% – GUS

Retail sales in September grew by 5.6 percent annually and declined by 3.4 percent monthly, Poland’s Central Statistical Office (GUS) reported. Market consensus prepared by the Polish Press Agency (PAP) saw the sales increase of 8.3 percent annually and a decrease by 1.0 percent monthly. In re...

Locked content Industrial production in September grew in 24 industries – GUS

Industrial production in September grew on the annual basis in 24 out of 34 industries – the Central Statistical Office (GUS) reported. The increase was recorded, among others, in electricity, gas, steam and hot water (by 10.4 percent), production of metal (by 8.1 percent), machinery and equip...

CPI inflation at 1.9% y/y in September – GUS

The Consumer Price Index came in at 1.9 percent y/y in September, and at 0.2 percent in month-on-month terms. In a flash estimate published by statistics office GUS, the inflation stood at 1.8 percent y/y and 0.2 m/m. Analysts polled by the Polish Press Agency PAP expected consumer prices to increas...