Finance M&A
21:20 25 June 2020
Post by: WBJ

Eurocash finalizes acquisition of Frisco

Eurocash finalizes acquisition of Frisco
Source: Frisco.pl

Largest Polish company dealing in the wholesale FMCG distribution Eurocash acquired Frisco for PLN 132.5 million. The purchase transaction was financed from a loan granted by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in the amount of €50 million.

Frisco.pl is the leader of the Warsaw e-grocery market, it is one of the largest and longest operating online supermarkets.

“Thanks to the acquisition of Frisco, our Group will gain knowledge and extensive experience in online sales, which will allow us to further develop this area for our customers, owners of independent retail stores,” Jacek Owczarek, member of the management board of Eurocash Group said. 

The Eurocash Group has been a strategic shareholder of Frisco since 2014, with shares at 44 percent of share capital. In December 2019, the Company decided to increase its involvement in Frisco and take over the remaining 56 percent of shares from MCI funds.

(RetailNet


mci
ebrd
eurocash
frisco
jacek owczarek

More News

lifestyle

LifeStyle
1 month ago

‘We are beginning to believe that we are gods, and there is only one God’: Maja Frykowska

LifeStyle
1 month ago

'I prefer to spend time with my daughter instead of reading comments about myself: Joanna Krupa

LifeStyle
2 months ago

Heckling and criticism become part of being a public figure: Malgorzata Ohme

LifeStyle
2 months ago

‘I was a shopaholic and spent a lot of money on clothes’: Doda

Book of Lists

Book of Lists
1 year ago

The largest Polish companies under the Book of Lists microscope! Book of Lists 2020/2021 certificates have been awarded.

Book of Lists
2 years ago

25th jubilee edition of Book of Lists – project start